Online Cooking Suggestions for busy moms of finicky eaters!
Saturday, December 10, 2011
More Doggie Treats
Here are some MORE yummy dog treats we discovered...whether or not they are PERFECT doggie treats? We'll letcha know!
2 1/2 c. whole wheat flour (regular, if your pup has allergies) 1/2 c. milk (skim, 2%, whole or powdered) 1 tsp. garlic powder 1 large egg, beaten 2 TBSP./Small amount of flavoring (bacon drippings, chicken or beef stock, juice from a can of tuna — your choice)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and lightly spray or grease a cookie sheet. Lightly flour a surface to roll the dough out on.
2. In a medium bowl, mix together the dry ingredients.
3. Add the flavoring you selected and the beaten egg to the bowl and mix well. Note: This is a pretty stiff dough. If you find it to be too stiff to work with, just add a touch more of the chicken stock (or whatever else you’re using).
4. Roll out the dough to about a 1/4 inch thickness. Use a pizza cutter or a few different, bone-shaped cookie cutters to cut the dough into the desired size.
5. Bake for 30 minutes and let cool before treating your happy dog to its new favorite biscuits recipe!