Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Fish Tacos - De-Lish!

Did I mention that my friend Alina gave us the world's best fish taco recipe? If you are a costco shopper, this is the quick and easy dish that I can serve up in a jiffy. I was never a fish stick kind of gal. My mom never served them. I look at fish sticks with the same disdain I show to liver and onions, and any other odd assortments of German foods that Perry seems to call his own "comfort food."

At any rate - pay attention to the brands. Brands are key. Gorton's fish sticks are not to be purchased. Under ANY circumstances!

* Trident Ultimate Fish Stick - Alaskan Pollack
* Jack's Fresh Salsa
* Ranch Dressing (wendy, you'll have to do some evaluating here -- could be, you could mix the salsa with sour cream...)
* Corn tortillas
* Avocado slices

Heat fish sticks in oven, as directed
In a bowl, mix together the salsa and dressing - to taste. Should be - salsa creamy
Over flame, turn corn tortillas until they are softened. Watch your fingers!
Slice avocados, thinly

In your corn tortilla, lay 1 1/2 fish stick per tortilla
Drizzle with salsa mixture
Place avocados on top

ENJOY! Perry ate 3 and would have had more. Lovely with refried beans!

No comments: