Thursday, April 16, 2009

Do Cheap Wine Reviews Fit Here?

So I purchased this bottle of zin from Trader Joes on a total whim because it had a cool label and it was only $4.99. Unfortunately it was pretty bad and gave me a terrible headache the next morning to boot. So I started thinking, wouldn't it be great if there was a site that reviewed cheap wines from places like Trader Joes and Costco? I found a ton of them. The problem is the reviews are long winded and confusing. I think it would be more fun if we had our own personal reviews (like one from Ashley about the Costco wine she currently loves).

Now what do I do with 3/4 of a bottle of bad zin?

1 comment:

Ashley Ludwig said...

I'm going to say YES. Mama needs a cocktail, and we need a place to post deals.

I'd like to share this one - from Coscto - worth a few more bucks...

"Menage a Trois" - 7.99 a bottle - and WORTH every penny. Lovely berry and peppery notes. EXCELLENT with chocolate, for a treat while daddy reads the kids a bedtime story.

Here's one from Fresh & Easy:

"Luccino" - 4.99 a bottle - Fresh and Easy stamp on the bottle. Highly palatable. Improvement over your average Two Buck Chuck - which isn't bad and leads me to:

Trader Joes:

"Charles Shaw - Zinfandel" - "Two buck Zin" - EXCELLENT. Usually. Unless the bottle has gone bad, in which case you're only out about two bux. :)