Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I'm In! And it's all because of my oven grilled cheese sandwiches...

Oven grilled cheese is so easy, I don't know why I didn't think of it before my daughter's first birthday party.

Ingredients:
bread (two slices per sandwich in whatever flavor goes with your cheese)
cheese (whatever kind you like - I like to combine flavors of cheese)
margarine or butter (I prefer soft margarine because its easier to spread)

Instructions:
1. Put a cookie sheet (or two) in the oven on a centered rack and preheat the oven to 450.

2. Spread margarine on one side of each slice of bread (this will be the outside).

3. Slice cheese (or unwrap the slices or whatever).

4. When the oven is heated, place ALL slices of bread on the cookie sheet margarine side down (this speeds up the process and eliminates the need to sit in the kitchen with an open oven flipping sandwiches).

5. Cover each slice of bread with one layer of cheese.

6. Close the oven and wait for the cheese to melt and the bread to toast (4-5 minutes).

7. Take the cookie sheet out of the oven, combine the slices of bread to make a sandwich and voila! You've got at least three perfectly grilled cheese sandwiches all at once!

Stay tuned for my favorite cheese and bread combos...

1 comment:

Ashley Ludwig said...

This is awesome! Thanks for sending the recipe!

Ash