Wednesday, August 26, 2009

It's a Wrap!

Tonight's meal plan called for wraps. See me, standing in front of my refrigerator. Watch, as I frown at the breadbox.

No fancy sun dried tomato or spinach wraps today, so I reached for the tortillas. Now, what to put in them?

I had turkey slices, and sliced ham.
I had bacon.
I had a red onion.
I had cheddar cheese, and blue cheese.
I had a bottle of ranch, and a bottle of Fresh and Easy blue cheese dressing (yum!).
I had tomatoes, fresh off the sad looking vine.
I had some kalamata olives.
I had lettuce to shred.
And, I had some salsa.
Finally, I located a box of crackers. Yes, that's right. Crackers.

Huh? That's a lot of ingredients that don't really match. What do we get when we put these things together?

1 (Almost) Cobb Wrap
1 Southwestern Turkey & Bacon Wrap.
And, instant lunchable dinner for two.

Almost Cobb Wrap:
(Regrettably, I did not have an avocado).
Slice turkey thin.
Crumble bacon.
Crumble blue cheese.
Dice red onion.
Shred cheddar cheese.
Shred lettuce.
Dice tomatoes.

Spread out wrap
drizzle top with blue cheese dressing.
Pile turkey, bacon, cheddar, red onion, tomatoes, lettuce, a bit more dressing, olives, and finally blue cheese crumbles.
DEVOUR.

For the Southwestern Turkey Bacon
Spread out wrap.
Combine 1 part salsa to 2 parts ranch.
Spread above "sauce" on wrap.
Pile turkey, bacon, cheddar, tomatoes, onion, lettuce (unless you're feeding Perry), and more cheddar.
Melt for 30 seconds in microwave.
Serve extra sauce for dipping.
Make another, he wanted seconds.

For the kids:
Fun up turkey & ham by using cookie cutter small shapes.
Do same for slices of cheddar cheese.
Serve with tomatoes and crackers.
Clean up crumbs!

No comments: