Sunday, August 16, 2009

Meal Planning - Week One

This week, we have packed full pantry, a well stocked freezer and fridge, and this mama has a new goal -- I'm meal planning for the entire week.

I've seen it done. I know I can do it. I have a 5 year old starting kindergarten, and life's about to get busy.

The one thing I can control, is what we're having for dinner. My experience lately is, if I have dinner ready without canvassing the audience, chances are - everyone will eat. I've inspected the cupboards, the freezer, and the pantry. Here is this week's meal plan:

Sunday: Stromboli's w/ Pepperoni, mushrooms, & olives
* pack a snack: Juice box & Granola Bar

Monday: Stromboli leftovers w/ Pasta Side Dish & dinner salads for mom & dad
* pack a snack: Juice box & cheezits pack & grapes

Tuesday: Barbecue Pork Sandwiches, fries, and baked beans
* pack a snack: Juice box & Pub Mix

Wednesday: Fish Tacos (Fish sticks & fries for the girls)
* pack a snack: Juice box & cheese crackers & raisins

Thursday: Chef Salad with Grilled Chicken (chicken strips, ranch or barbecue sauce, and veggies for the kids)
* pack a snack: (water bottle / juice box, granola bar, & raisins)

Friday: Hot Dogs & Hamburgers
* pack a snack: (holy cow - week one and I'm ALREADY foreseeing a snack-rut! Help!)
Saturday: Pierogies & Broccoli

Sound good? We'll see how it goes. My goal is to not go shopping for anything other than milk, orange juice, and bananas.

Oh, and send healthy snack ideas for my little miss!

No comments: